Time for the annual pictures of the yard haunt! It’s definitely best viewed after dark, and I’ll get a little tour up soon.
I had a full-sized mannequin to make tape ghosts on this year. So much better. 30-second tutorial:
- Put clear plastic garbage bag over mannequin.
- Use packing tape. Tape the neck, leaving a little room on the head.
- Tape face details with small pieces.
- Tape down as far as you want, trimming the bag as necessary. Do at least 3 layers everywhere.
- Cut up back and over top of head to remove. Tape up seam.
- Distress the extra bag at the bottom for a skirt.
- Poke a hole in the balance point in back and stick some wire through to hang, and tape it down.
I’m using the same AtmosFX ghost bride projection in the mausoleum, but there’s no skeleton hanging inside this year.
That’s Sally, the mannequin, in the back there. I still need to put a knife in her hand. I needed something to cover the bottom of the screen, thus the signage. Kinda wishing I’d gone with swirls or something. I’m using the Seductive Siren animation for the screen. It looks pretty cool at night.